Monday, September 29, 2008

Flickr Update

I downloaded the Flickr application for my BlackBerry and I've been playing around with adding the photos I have stored on it to the Flickr site. It would be really cool if my BlackBerry had a camera on it, but it doesn't. It's been very easy to upload pictures. While I think Flickr is useful for some people, I don't see it as having the same kind of value in my life. All of my friends who would want to see my pictures are on MySpace, which is where I post my photos. I have a very small family, and I don't see any of them being interested in going to Flickr to see my pictures. I'd just print off or email any that I thought they'd find interesting.

I have a friend who is a professional photographer and he uses Flickr to show his work. I have another friend with a couple of kids and relatives scattered throughout the country, and she uses Flickr as a way of recording her kids' growing for her relatives. Both of these uses make sense to me. I'll have to play around and think more before I decide if I want Flickr to do more for me.

No comments: