Monday, September 29, 2008

Thing #7: Blog About Anything Technology Related

I finally did it. I finally broke down and cheated on a long-time love of mine...I cheated on MySpace and created a Facebook profile. It's not that I don't love MySpace anymore, it's just, well...different. I've found that on Facebook I can be myself...I mean my REAL self. There seem to be so many more security features that I actually use my real name instead of my alter ego. It's still difficult for me to navigate around, but everyday I learn something new.

I even downloaded the Facebook application for my BlackBerry, so I'm constantly connected to my friends (when I want to be). MySpace just doesn't offer me that, however MySpace for BlackBerry is in the works and I'm now added to an email list so that when it becomes available for download I'll be one of the first to get it. But, will it be just a little bit too late???

One of the things I like about Facebook are the networks. You belong to one network (that you can change) and you can look at all the people in that network. Right now I'm signed up for the Rockford, IL network. I also have access to the networks for my colleges and high school. I've been able to reconnect with so many people I haven't seen in so many years!

I won't be getting rid of MySpace anytime soon, but it's certainly taken something of a backseat to Facebook these past couple of weeks.



No comments: