Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thing #18: Online Productivity

The concept of being able to access word processing and spreadsheet documents on any computer, without having to use discs or flash drives is intriguing! I tried to create an account at Zoho, but there were technical difficulties. That's pretty fine by me anyway since I'm trying to reduce the number of log ons I have, so using Google Docs is perfect.

I like the way the Google Documents screen looks - so similar to the screen of the files on my computer. It was simple to create a new document. This is such a great idea for people who collaborate on projects because there's the Share feature.

After uploading a file, I got an error message when I wanted to Save and Close it, then find it from my list. Google Docs stopped working. I don['t know if it's the computer I'm using or if there's something wrong with the site. I'll have to test it at another computer.

In all, I think this is a great product that could have real value in both personal and business life.

No comments: