Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thing #22: Audiobooks

I am not one of those people who can listen to audiobooks and retain information. I've tried, oh how I've tried. I listened to one with a very nice voice of an older British gentleman. Before I knew it, I was lulled by his voice and we were on chapter 3, but I had no idea what had happened!

My library provides My Media Mall to library card holders. I've used it in order to help customers with it. You need to download a special program in order for it to work. You find the title(s) you want, check them out, download them to your computer, then put them on your portable device. The MMM titles are now even in the catalog.

Downloadable audiobooks are really good for people who like to listen to books, but they just don't work for me.

No comments: