Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thing #14: Technorati

I was aware of Technorati, but wasn't exactly sure what it was. It's essentially a place where blogs go to be noticed. It's a pretty overwhelming site just because of all the information it holds. I like the "authority" rating that is attached to each blog which shows the reader how accurate the information in this blog is.

I did not claim my blog because I don't want this one to be something that a lot of people look at - it's essentially just a school assignment. But, I've been playing around with the idea of creating a blog that I will market to the masses (don't we all want a little notoriety?!), but I haven't figured out the particulars yet: like what to call it or whether or not I want to be anonymous.

It was interesting to watch the tag clouds for each category move around as the tags in them became more or less used. I also liked how, within each category, there were several subcategories, such as under Lifestyle I could go straight to blogs pertaining to Green living.

No comments: