Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thing #16: Wikis

I am especially interested in this exercise because as my final project for this class, I am going to create a wiki of YA resources. I already have a wiki name picked out and registered at pbwiki, but I'm not quite sure of where to go from there. I've looked at other librarys' wikis and have been intrigued. I would love for the library I work for to have a wiki that staff could use to access information that is located in several different binders.

I particularly like Grand Rapids Public Library wiki because of all the resources for teens in it. I'm hoping I'll be able to use a number of the teen resources in my own blog! Looking within each of the teen resource sections, I see how time consuming this could be and see now what Charlet meant when she said I didn't need to do quite so many sections.

No comments: