Friday, October 24, 2008

Thing #9: Locate Library-Related Blogs or Newsfeeds

I have a large number of blogs I follow on my Google Reader, and many of those are library-related. Here's a list of some of my favorites:

Free Range Librarian: K.G. Schneider’s blog on librarianship, writing, and everything else, since 2003.
Librarian Avengers: Want to be a librarian? Got chutzpah? This is the blog for you.
A Librarian's Guide to Etiquette: A polite librarian is a good librarian.
Annoyed Librarian: Whatever it is, I'm against it
In the Library with the Lead Pipe: The murder victim? Your library assumptions. Suspects? It could have been any of us.
Librarian in Black: Resources and discussions for the "tech-librarians-by-default" among us...
Miss Information: The desperate life of a tormented library clerk.
Stephen's Lighthouse: By Sirsi-Dynix's Vice President of Innovation Stephen Abram
Swiss Army Librarian: or, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Fear and Loathing at a Public Library Reference Desk
What I Learned Today: Web 2.0 and programming tips from a library technology enthusiast, What I Learned Today… covers blogs, rss, wikis and more as they relate to libraries.

P.S. This is not the full list of library blogs to which I subscribe...that would have taken me a loooong time to list here!

Some non-library-related blogs I enjoy:
Passive Aggressive Notes: painfully polite and hilariously hostile writings from shared spaces the world over
Blogography: Blogography is a place to learn and grow by exposing yourself to the mind of David Simmer II, a brilliant commentator on world events and popular culture (or so he claims).
Mashable: All that's new on the web

No comments: